OANDA (CANADA) CORPORATION ULC
A. Policy Statement
B. Categories of Personal Information OANDA Collects
OANDA collects Personal Information about our customers from the following sources:
- Account Applications and other forms, including customer name, mailing address, Social Insurance Number, date of birth, employment information, investment experience, annual income, and estimated net worth;
- Customer Transactions with OANDA, such as account number, account balance and trading activity;
- Consumer Reports and other information OANDA receives from third party agencies; and
- “Cookies” described in section G below.
C. How OANDA Uses Customer Personal Information
OANDA may use Personal Information of applicants and current and former customers as necessary to:
- open an account;
- complete bank deposits and withdrawals;
- effect, administer or enforce transactions requested or authorized by the customer; and
- maintain or service the customer's account with OANDA.
Personal Information collected online may be consolidated with other information applicants and customers provide to OANDA in hard copy or through the OANDA help desk. OANDA does not use or disclose or sell, rent or lease any Personal Information about its customers or former customers to any third parties except as stated in this Policy. Personal Information may be transferred across national and provincial borders for the purposes of data consolidation, storage and customer data management and may be accessible to law enforcement and national security authorities of foreign jurisdictions, as described in section D below.
D. Disclosure of Customer Personal Information
OANDA may disclose Personal Information of applicants and current and former customers to affiliated and non-affiliated third party entities in the following cases:
- to OANDA’s business partners who perform services on OANDA’s behalf under written agreements which restrict use of Personal Information to the limited purposes for which it is provided to them and prohibit further use or disclosure except as permitted by law;
- to OANDA affiliates, who are permitted to disclose and use the information only to the extent that OANDA may disclose and use the information under this Policy;
- in the ordinary course of business to OANDA’s attorneys, accountants and auditors;
- to persons holding a legal or beneficial interest relating to the customer’s account;
- to persons acting in a fiduciary, representative, or attorney capacity in relation to an account;
- to protect against actual or potential fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims or other liability;
- to government, regulatory or law enforcement agencies to the extent permitted or required by law, or to comply with applicable legal requirements; or
- to comply with civil, criminal or regulatory investigations, or judicial process, subpoena, summons or warrant by Canadian or foreign authorities.
For regulatory purposes, self regulatory organizations (SROs), including the Investment Industry Regulatory Organization of Canada and the Canadian Investor Protection Fund, may require access to personal information of current and former OANDA customers. SROs collect, use or disclose such personal information for regulatory purposes, including:
- Surveillance of trading-related activity,
- Sales, financial compliance, trade desk review and other regulatory audits,
- Investigation of potential regulatory and statutory violations,
- Regulatory databases,
- Enforcement or disciplinary proceedings,
- Reporting to securities regulators, and
- Information-sharing with securities regulatory authorities, regulated marketplaces, other self-regulatory organizations and law enforcement agencies in any jurisdiction in connection with any of the preceding purposes.
E. Permission to Disclose Personal Information
F. Procedures to Safeguard Personal Information
OANDA has implemented procedures to safeguard customer Personal Information. OANDA restricts access to Personal Information to those OANDA employees who need to know that information in order to provide our products or services to them. OANDA maintains physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that meet or exceed federal standards to safeguard Personal Information. OANDA protects customer account information by keeping it on the secure portion of its website, using firewalls and other security technology to protect its network and systems from external attacks, and by requiring customers to enter a unique user ID and password to access trading systems. OANDA conducts periodic internal audits of its business practices and procedures, examining its confidentiality standards and information access, in order to best protect our customers’ Personal Information.
H. Links to non-OANDA websites
I. Notification of Policy and Policy Changes
J. Contact Us: