Automated Forex & FX Trading API's
Automated forex trading with fxTrade API libraries
Use the OANDA fxTrade API libraries to build secure, automated forex trading into your software systems. You can automate forex trading actions such as the following:
- Trade requests
- Stop-loss, take-profit or entry orders
- Access to past trading transactions
- Access to current and historical fxTrade market rates and candlesticks
- Risk-free testing on OANDA’s fxTrade Practice platform.
Available for Java, C++, .NET and the FIX protocol.
Who Uses Forex Trading APIs?
- Corporations, brokers, hedge funds and money managers requiring always-on, real-time forex trading capabilities
- Companies integrating forex trading into their treasury systems
- Brokers hedging the exchange rate exposure of their equity positions
- Customers creating customized user interfaces to OANDA's fxTrade system
- Retail customers developing proprietary trading models.
Why Use fxTrade?
The OANDA fxTrade system offers a long list of benefits to foreign exchange traders: tight spreads, instant settlement with full price transparency, flexible any-size trades, continuous interest and multi-currency accounts.
How fxTrade APIs Work
An API library implementing the fxTrade protocol is dynamically linked to your computer system, allowing it to communicate directly with OANDA's fxTrade servers over secure, authenticated internet sessions with fully encrypted communication channels.
The APIs do not require the fxTrade user interface to be up and running, although you can use the interface to monitor the real-time system actions taken by the API.
To use the fxTrade APIs, you must:
- Enter into a license agreement with OANDA.
- Maintain sufficient funding in your fxTrade account.
- Have access to programmers with the expertise to design and implement complex computer programs in the supported programming languages.
OANDA charges an initial licensing fee of USD $600, which entitles the customer to two free months of access to one API library for testing and implementation. After these two months, a monthly fee applies. The monthly fee is USD $600, discounted by USD $50 for every USD $1M in monthly volume of currency traded from the account.
Note that customers with accounts exceeding USD $12M in volume in a month are entitled to free usage of the API for that month.
The license is available to only one fxTrade account and its associated sub-accounts, as well as one fxTrade Practice account to be used for testing. Support is provided for one fxTrade API library only (but you can change this library if you need to).
- Ensure your fxTrade account has a minimum balance of USD $600
- Review, complete in full and sign the API Legal Agreement. Please complete all of Schedule A.
- Fax the agreement to 1 (212) 208-4356, or email a scanned copy to email@example.com.
OANDA will email you the API client library and enable your fxTrade Practice test account for API access after we verify your account funds and agreement. We will enable your fxTrade account for API access after you implement and test your API programs.
Get More Information
Use the following form to contact OANDA.