Track news events while you trade forex
Watch for the important economic announcements and events that affect your forex trading, from within the fxTrade forex trading platform. There is no need to switch windows, access separate web pages in your browser, or consult economic calendars.
Example of the news overlay. Turn it on from the mouse button menu, then click on flags to view individual events.
- Fine-tune your trading strategies. Watch for upcoming economic events and announcements related to the major economies.
- See past events—and their impact on your trades—plotted against rate trends.
- Toggle news events on and off from the right-click menu.
- News events are marked in a time bar at the bottom of the rate graph, with a flag corresponding to their country or region.
- Hover over flags to see a brief description of events. Click on a flag to view details in a separate News tab. Previous, forecast and actual values are provided for economic announcements.
- Click on the bar to configure this feature. Enable vertical lines connecting news events to the corresponding time in the rate graph, or choose to display upcoming news events only.
- This feature is available to all holders of fxTrade or fxTrade Practice accounts.
Try this feature
This feature is available from fxTrade Practice accounts. Practice currency trading risk-free, under real market conditions. OANDA’s forex demo account is free of charge and never expires.