Frequently Asked Questions
fxTrade for iPad
- How do I download fxTrade for iPad?
- How do I know which version I am using?
- Is fxTrade for iPad free?
- I already have a trading account with OANDA. Do I need a separate account for my mobile device?
- Can I switch between my trading accounts?
- Can I use both fxTrade and fxTrade Practice accounts at the same time?
- Are the rate settings that I configure on the mobile platform replicated in the fxTrade web platform?
- What happens if I lose connection when I'm in the middle of placing a trade?
- Are live charts available?
- What kind of time period granularity is available?
- Which currency pairs appear on the default quote list?
- What types of orders are supported?
- How do I enter a limit order?
- Can orders be modified?
- Can I review my account's trading activity?
- Are indicators and trendlines available?
- Can I zoom in on the chart?
- How do I log out?
- Where can I find release notes?
- How can I contact the Customer Service department to ask a question or provide feedback?
- Is an account summary available?
- How do I clear my user name and password?
The fxTrade for iPad application can be downloaded directly from the App Store.
Tap the OANDA fxTrade logo located above the charts to find out the version you are using.
The fxTrade for iPad application is free to fxTrade and fxTrade Practice users. However, the mobile application requires an internet connection, so when you run the application be aware that you may incur additional data use and roaming charges from your mobile service provider.
No separate account is required – the login credentials you use to access the platform on the web are the same credentials you use to log in to fxTrade for iPad. A registration form to sign up for fxTrade Practice is available on the main login screen of the fxTrade for iPad application.
Yes. When you log in, the application logs you in to your Primary fxTrade account by default. To switch between your Primary and sub accounts, tap the Accounts menu to select the account you want to use.
No. If you wish to use your fxTrade Practice account, you must sign off from your fxTrade account and then enter your fxTrade Practice user name and password to log in to that account.
No. Your preference quote lists are stored on the mobile device and not synchronized to the web platform. Likewise, the preferences made on the mobile device are not stored on the web platform.
If you do not receive a confirmation screen, your trade probably did not execute. Tap the Trades menu to verify if your trade has executed. Mobile internet connections may be interrupted due to circumstances beyond our control, such as outages on your mobile network or bad connections in regions with poor mobile coverage.
Yes, live charts are available from the Candlestick graph.
You may choose time period granularity from 5 seconds, 10 seconds, 30 seconds, 1 minute, 5 minutes, 15 minutes, 3 hours or 1 day. This changes the range of times shown on the graphs.
All currency pairs that are offered by OANDA are listed below the currency pair graphs. To scroll through the list, tap the scroll bar to the right below the quote panel.
You can place Buy and Sell Limit Orders, Take Profits, Stop Losses and Trailing Stops.
Tap the currency pair from the quote panel, select the New Order menu and enter the details for your trade.
Currently, orders cannot be modified on fxTrade for iPad.
Yes. Tap the Accounts menu to select the account you wish to review and then tap Activity.
Indicators and trendlines are currently unavailable on fxTrade for iPad.
No. For full screen mode, select the rates graph you wish to view, tap the two boxes overlapping each other and rotate your mobile device vertically when the graph window is open.
Press the iPad button or hold your finger down on the rates graph to safely log out of your account.
Release notes are available on the iTunes Preview. The link can be accessed via the App Store.
Tap the OANDA fxTrade logo and tap Email OANDA.
Yes. You can access your Balance, Unrealized P&L, Realized P&L, Margin Used, Margin Available, and Net Asset Value. To access the Account Summary, tap the Accounts menu to select the account you wish to review and select Details.
Go to the main login screen and unclick “Save”. The next time you log in, your credentials will not be displayed.