Frequently Asked Questions
fxTrade for iPhone
- How do I download fxTrade for iPhone?
- How do I know which version I am using?
- Is fxTrade for iPhone free?
- I already have a trading account with OANDA. Do I need a separate account for my mobile device?
- Can I switch between my trading accounts?
- Can I use both fxTrade and fxTrade Practice accounts at the same time?
- Are the rate settings that I configure on the mobile platform replicated in the fxTrade web platform?
- What happens if I lose connection when I'm in the middle of placing a trade?
- Are live charts available?
- What kind of time period granularity is available?
- Which currency pairs appear on the default quote list?
- How can I add more currency pairs to the quote list?
- Where can I see the full list of currency pairs available?
- What is the typical network data usage for using fxTrade for iPhone?
- What types of orders are supported?
- How do I enter a limit order?
- Can orders be modified?
- How can I modify my trade?
- Can I review my account's trading activity?
- Are indicators and trendlines available?
- Can I zoom in on the chart?
- How do I log out?
- Where can I find release notes?
- How can I contact the Customer Service department to ask a question or provide feedback?
- Is an account summary available?
- How do I clear my user name and password?
The fxTrade for iPhone application can be downloaded directly from the App Store.
The version you are using is shown on the login screen at the bottom of the screen.
The fxTrade for iPhone application is free to fxTrade and fxTrade Practice users. However, the mobile application requires an internet connection, so when you run the application be aware that you may incur additional data use and roaming charges from your mobile service provider.
No separate account is required – the login credentials you use to access the platform on the web are the same credentials you use to log in to fxTrade for iPhone. A registration form to sign up for fxTrade Practice is provided at the login screen.
Yes. When you log in, the application will prompt you to select the account you want to use. After you are logged in, tap the Accounts icon to return to the main Accounts screen to select a different account you want to use.
No. If you wish to use your fxTrade Practice account, you must sign off from your fxTrade account and then enter your fxTrade Practice user name and password to log in to that account.
No. Your preference quote lists are stored on the mobile device and not synchronized to the web platform. Likewise, the preferences made on the mobile device are not stored on the web platform.
If you do not receive a confirmation screen, your trade probably did not execute. Tap the Trades icon to verify if your trade has executed. Mobile internet connections may be interrupted due to circumstances beyond our control, such as outages on your mobile network or bad connections in regions with poor mobile coverage.
Yes, live charts are available from the Candlestick graph.
You may choose time period granularity from 5 seconds, 30 seconds, 5 minutes, 15 minutes, 1 hour or 1 day. This changes the range of times shown on the graphs.
The default quote list includes the following currency pairs: AUD/JPY, AUD/USD, EUR/CHF, EUR/GBP, EUR/JPY, EUR/USD, GBP/JPY, GBP/USD, USD/CAD, USD/CHF, USD/HKD, USD/JPY, XAG/JPY, XAG/USD, XAU/JPY and XAU/USD.
Tap the Rates icon, tap Edit, select Available and then add your currency pairs. You can sort the currency pairs based on your preferences.
Tap the Rates icon, tap Edit and choose Available.
It depends on what you are accessing from the fxTrade for iPhone app. For example, if you access the Rates icon with 5 visible currency pairs and leave the application open for an hour, the data usage will be approximately 1.8MB.
You can place Buy and Sell Limit Orders, Take Profits, Stop Losses, Trailing Stops and Lower and Upper Bounds.
Tap the New Order icon from the main menu and select the details for your trade. New Orders can also be entered from the Trades, Orders and Positions screens by selecting the icon on the bottom right area of the screen.
Yes. Tap the Orders icon from the main menu to locate and modify your order. You can modify your Limit Orders, Take Profits, Stop Losses, Trailing Stops and Lower and Upper Bounds.
Tap the Trades icon, select your trade, tap Modify and tap the trade you wantto modify.
Yes. Tap the Activity icon from the main screen.
Indicators and trendlines are currently unavailable on fxTrade for iPhone.
No. For full screen mode, rotate your mobile device horizontally when the chart window is open.
Tap the Sign out icon located on the main menu in the bottom right corner.
Release notes are available on the App Store under the heading OANDA fxTrade Forex Trading.
Tap the Contact icon from the main screen.
Yes. You can access your Balance, Realized P&L, Unrealized P&L, Net Asset Value, Margin Used, Margin Available, Open Trades and Open Orders on your iPhone device. To access the Account Summary, tap the Balance icon located at the bottom of the main screen.
Go to the main login screen and unclick “Remember Password”. The next time you log in, your credentials will not be displayed.